12.20.2007

GOOD NEWS FOR ALL OF US

This is an email I received today. I wanted to share it with you and encourage you to give any amount you can to this organization. They are part of the solution. Do you remember that thing from the sixties? "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."


Environmental Working Group
We reached our goal!
Thank you
WE DID IT!

With your support, we surpassed our goal by $40,000. Thank you. And the Pollution Solutions Gift Bag has become the green hit of the holiday season.

Dear Donor,

Since I told you about our goal of raising $175,000 last month, your response has been amazing.

EWG supporters donated over $215,000, including the $75,000 match, for a healthy and safe new year. Thank you.

One of the best parts of my job is reading what inspires you to give. Here are some of my favorite recent comments.

I was inspired to give to EWG because...

* I'm grateful for your work on sunscreen and cosmetics and kids' products. Keep up the good work!
* I've been using your site for years and have found it to be invaluable. Your advocacy is making a difference.
* I want to do my part in helping the world get greener.
* Instead of Christmas presents, my in-laws decide each year on a charity to give to, and this year they chose EWG.
* I am a nutritionist and always interested to find out about making the world a healthier place!
* I appreciate your fight for organics and the research you do to keep my family safe.
* You have finally offered me chocolate for a donation...excellent job!

With your support in 2008, we'll update Skin Deep, support the Kid Safe Chemicals Act, fight for organics, get dangerous chemicals out of your food and water, and protect your favorite national parks from mining damage.

Thank you again for all you do. You are making a real difference and I look forward to an even better 2008.

Happy holidays from all of us at EWG,

Ken Cook, President
and the EWG staff

No comments: