11.12.2007

THE LINE IS DRAWN

That's it. I've completely and totally had it. Last night was the tipping point. We went to a movie theatre and COULD NOT BREATHE for all the perfume in the air. I even told the woman sitting next to me that she would have to find another place to sit because she had on too much perfume and I couldn't tolerate it. She informed me it was not her, she didn't wear perfume, and she wasn't moving. The point is, I've never spoken to anyone like that before. I was simply over the edge -- I was ready to stand up and yell into the darkened theatre "WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE, DON'T YOU KNOW THAT SOME OF US CANNOT BREATHE BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPIDITY!? STOP DOUSING YOURSELF WITH PERFUME, AFTERSHAVE, COLOGNE, BODY SPRAY. JUST STOP IT!" But I didn't. I wish I had. I wish I had yelled at all those people, then stomped out and demanded my money back. Maybe if enough people did that, the theatre would start a no-perfume policy. It could happen. Not likely, I know. People are simply too frightened or too apathetic or too brainwashed. The bottom line is they believe they have no choice, they must endure the things they do not like. Well I'm here to tell you, NO WE DON'T!

No comments: